- Shine the silverware with coarse salt
- Clean the mirrors with salt
- Clean spinach
- Make an enamel bath shine
- Disinfect surfaces with salt
- Clean tile joints with salt
- Maintain marble with salt
- Shine the pan with salt
- Maintain copper with salt
- Maintain the pipes
- Clean the carpet with fine salt
- Clean grease stains with table salt
- Clean the soleplate of the iron
Salt is not only used to salt dishes, it is also used to clean, shine or to relieve tired and sore feet. In short, salt is used in the kitchen as well as in the bathroom or in the garden. Here are some uses of table salt in everyday life.
Shine the silverware with coarse salt
Salt is the ideal ally for shine a silverware become a little dull. Here's how to proceed:
- Fill a basin with water;
- Add a teaspoon of coarse salt;
- Diving the silverware in salt water;
- Soak for 15 minutes;
- Rinse and dry with a clean cloth;
- Rub with a soft cloth to make shine.
Clean the mirrors with salt
To effectively clean windows and mirrors, it is advisable to proceed as follows:
- Add a big handful of coarse salt in a liter of lukewarm water;
- Add two tablespoons of cider vinegar;
- Dip a cloth in this water and clean the windows;
- Rinse with clear water and wipe with a microfiber cloth to dry.
Because of the curved shape of spinach, it is not easy to clean them. To easily remove all impurities in the hollow of the leaves, it is recommended to wash them with salt water.
Make an enamel bath shine
The enamel of the bathtub becomes dull over the years. Stains also appear and are difficult to remove. To give a second youth to the bathtub, it can be cleaned with salt. Here are the steps:
- Plug the drain of the bathtub;
- Sprinkle the entire bath with salt;
- Pour from boiling white vinegar in the bathtub;
- Leave on for two hours;
- Rinse with clear water.
Disinfect surfaces with salt
When mixed with lemon juice, the salt can disinfect effectively all surfaces. This mixture eliminates mold and bacteria. To do this:
- Moisten a sponge with lemon juice ;
- Sprinkle the sponge with salt;
- Rub the surface to be cleaned;
- Wipe with another damp sponge to rinse.
Clean tile joints with salt
Dirt installed in tile joints is not easy to clean. To avoid squatting long hours cleaning each joint with a brush, it is better to use salt. To do this:
- Sprinkle the joints with coarse salt;
- Pour vinegar water;
- Leave for a few minutes;
- Rub with a broom;
- Rinse with clear water.
Maintain marble with salt
Marble is a noble and particularly elegant material, but it requires a great deal of attention to keep its original appearance. In case of tea or coffee stains, the marble can be cleaned with salt and lemon. To do this:
- Mix the juice of half a lemon with a teaspoonful of fine salt;
- Moisten a sponge with this mixture;
- Rub the marble;
- Rinse with clear water.
Shine the pan with salt
Salt makes it easier to clean a burnt pan bottom. To do this:
- Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with a good layer of coarse salt;
- Let stand overnight;
- Clean the pan as usual.
Maintain copper with salt
Decorative objects and copper cookware are very beautiful, but they oxidize easily. Thus, to avoid the appearance of verdigris, they are cleaned with salt. To do this:
- Mix a tablespoon of white vinegar and a tablespoon of fine salt;
- Add a tablespoon of flour;
- Use the paste obtained to rub the copper objects;
- Wipe with a woolen cloth to shine.
Maintain the pipes
Salt is used to unclog the pipes and eliminate odors. To do this:
- Pour 5 tablespoons coarse salt into 2 liters of boiling water;
- Pour into the sink;
- Renew the operation after 5 days.
- 3 tablespoons of fine salt in the pipeline;
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking sodathen a half glass of white vinegar;
- Leave on for a few minutes and pour in hot water.
Clean the carpet with fine salt
With the trick of salt, it is very easy to clean the carpet. Simply:
- Sprinkle the carpet with fine salt;
- Leave to act for about thirty minutes;
- To vacuum.
- Mix the fine salt with baking soda;
- Sprinkle the carpet with this mixture;
- Leave on for about 30 minutes before vacuuming.
Clean grease stains with table salt
To clean a stain of fresh oil or grease, simply:
- Sprinkle the stain with fine salt;
- Leave to act around 8h;
- Rub with Marseille's soap;
- Machine wash with normal laundry.
Clean the soleplate of the iron
Over the years, the soleplate of the iron is not as bright as it was in the beginning. It is covered with unpleasant black spots. To eliminate them, it is enough to:
- Mix 2 teaspoons of fine salt and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar;
- Dip a cloth from this mixture and rub the sole.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- How to store food well: basic tips
- Clean fruits and vegetables treated with vinegar
- How to get rid of cat pee smell?
- Clean and detach with hydrogen peroxide: 15 tips
- 17 things to do with disinfectant alcohol
- All you can do with a glue gun
- All you can do with aluminum foil
- All you can do with dishwashing liquid
- All you can do with rolls of toilet paper
- Recycle plastic bottles: 7 practical tips
- All you can do with corks
- All you can do with rolls of absorbent paper
- How to clean your bathroom with lemon?
- Clean everything in the bathroom with vinegar
- How to clean the house with chimney ash?
- 11 tips for cleaning everything with dishwashing liquid
- Clean your bathroom with baking soda
- Tips and tricks for cleaning with Sommières earth
This may interest you