- Make a ghost with polystyrene balls
- Turn a white sheet into a dreadful ghost
- The famous pumpkin customization
- Make a cardboard bat
- Make pumpkin tealight holders with canned or glass jars
- How to make fake blood?
- Create a bloody candle
Halloween is a must. In order to welcome the little monsters in search of Machiavellian sweets, it is important to dress the inside and the outside with many terrifying decorations. Nasty pumpkin, creepy ghost, or cute bat, we give you all our creative ideas for an unforgettable evening.
Make a ghost with polystyrene balls
Everyone knows it... Ghosts love going out on Halloween night to scare passersby. This is an opportunity to make small hanging on the windows or in the garden to scare children demanding sweets.
Material needed to create ghosts to hang
- 2 polystyrene balls
- White sails
- Marker pen
- Glue gun
- Crochet pins
Step by step
- Draw eyes and a nose on the polystyrene ball.
- Cut fringes to the veil. Give them a damaged effect by pulling on the little threads.
- Install the fabric on the ball and glue it with the glue gun.
- Plant the hook pin on the top.
- Attach a wire to the hook and hang the ghost.
Turn a white sheet into a dreadful ghost
Whether it's for you to make a costume or to decorate the house, the transformation of a White sheet remains a practical, economical and effective solution.
- Collect an old white sheet.
- Put it on the head of an adult.
- If it is too long, mark a point to cut it. He still has to drag a little to the ground for the terrifying effect.
- Spot the eyes, nose and mouth and mark them with a black pen.
- Lay the sheet on a table.
- Cut with a chisel.
- Inflate a balloon.
- With a glue gun, stick the ball inside the sheet.
- Put a point of glue at the level of the skull.
- Stick a string.
- Hang the ghost.
The famous pumpkin customization
The pumpkin is queen at Halloween. Here's how to dig it:
- Settle on a flat and stable place.
- With a knife, cut out the pumpkin hat. Set it aside.
- Empty her flesh with a tablespoon. Preserve the flesh to make a meal and avoid food waste.
- Draw in the felt eyes, nose and mouth of the chosen figure.
- Dig with a small knife.
- Remove the pieces by pushing them from the inside to the outside.
- Put a LED tealight candle inside.
- Close the pumpkin.
Make a cardboard bat
Whether cute or terrifying, Bats participate in the atmosphere of Halloween. Tutorial:
Material needed to create a bat:
- 1 roll of empty toilet paper
- Black paint
- Stick glue
- Black paper sheet
- Blank sheet of paper
The steps to make a cardboard bat:
- Fold the edges of one end of the cardboard roll.
- Paint the roll in black. Let dry.
- Draw bat wings on a sheet of black paper.
- Cut with scissors.
- Draw eyes on the white sheet and cut them out.
- Glue your eyes on the front of the roll.
- Glue the wings to the back.
Make pumpkin tealight holders with canned or glass jars
Create pumpkin tealight holders with recipes to illuminate the Halloween party and help the children spot where the candies are.
- Collect several empty tins.
- Remove the labels and clean them thoroughly.
- Mark with black felt holes to achieve. It's even more fun if you discover a scary face.
- Paint the can in orange. Let dry.
- Install an LED candle inside.
Glass jars can also be turned into photophores.
- Collect glass jars.
- Paint them indoors with either spray paint or with a paintbrush.
- Let dry.
- Draw the eyes, nose and mouth of the monster.
- Place a candle inside.
How to make fake blood?
Quick recipe for making fake blood:
- Mix one teaspoon of soluble coffee in a bottom of boiling water.
- Put on latex gloves.
- Add a large teaspoon of liquid honey.
- Add 5 drops of red food coloring.
- Stir well.
Create a bloody candle
To give the impression of having a bloody candle and impress your guests the technique is super easy. You only have to pour hot wax from a red candle on a big white candle. This operation is to be carried out above a newspaper.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- How to make beans for the galette des Rois?
- How to organize the New Year party?
- Tutorial: How to make squishies yourself?
- How to make Christmas balls to put on the tree?
- How to make Christmas decorations for windows?
This may interest you