An express technique to rejuvenate a tiled worktop and credence: color the joints.
- Dig the old cement seal with a carbide scraper (Mejix-Rexon).
- Clear it to a depth of 2 mm (minimum) without forgetting the edges.
- Take a ready-to-use colored powder or make the shade by adding colored pigments to white cement.
- Try to judge the result once dry.
- Spread the joint compound with "8" with a spatula (or a rubber squeegee).
- Well push it to the bottom to promote the hanging.
- Let dry.
- Carefully wrap crumpled newspaper to remove product from the surface.
- Finish with a damp sponge frequently rinsed with clean water.
Moisten the bottom of the seal just before pouring the colored slip.