You noticed noise in your pipes when closing your faucets? There is a good chance that it is the famous "water hammer", result of a sudden increase in pressure of your water network. Find in this article the different anti-ram devices to protect your sanitary facilities.
Preventive devices against water hammer
In order to avoid any damage to your sanitary installation caused by a water hammer, there are several preventive solutions to put in place. These anti-ram devices exist for protect your plumbing but can not be implemented without the support of a professional plumber.
1. When installing your plumbing items, it is necessary toavoid straight lengths too important. In order to create load losses the installation of elbows or lyres will be necessary. Be careful, however, that their over-size could have a significant impact on the output of the installation.
2. The installation of a pressio regulatorn is a common preventive anti-ram solution, as it reduces the pressure of your facility's water supply.
3. The establishment of slow closing valves avoids the abrupt cut-off of the network.
4. Finally, the most expensive preventive solution is oversize the installation using a high pressure resistance material.
The spring and membrane anti-ram device
There are two forms of device called anti-ram or anti-pulsatory:
1. the spring anti-ram
2. the membrane anti-ram.
In both cases, and even if the operating system differs, the purpose of the device is to absorb the shock wave emitted by the overpressure of the water network, and thus protect your sanitary installation.
For it to be truly effective, the anti-ram device must be installed near the elements responsible for the overpressure of the water network. It is installed in bypass (in parallel with the main circuit) directly on the water supply (hot and cold).
However, it is recommended to use a professional plumber to implement your anti-ram device. A bad installation could indeed have serious consequences on your water network, like:
- the rupture of your pipes (accompanied by water damage);
- the deformation of your water pipes.