The guardrail is the most basic, but not the least secure way to protect a door. Its primary purpose is to open the door, to interrogate the visitor without allowing him to enter. An improvement of the system allows the commissioning of the stay (chain) even in case of absence. This process is interesting because it leaves a possible burglar in the uncertainty as to the occupation of the housing.
- Bubble level
- Rigid entrebâilleur
- Install a Chain Keeper
1. There are different models; the rigid cage, probably the oldest, is perhaps the most used, still today. Easy to put into use, it offers the advantage of a rigidity favorable to safety. It is impossible to neutralize even by the most agile hands. Its installation is done by means of four screws. Start by drawing the contours of the two parts of the accessory, put in position "security". Locate the location of the screws.
2. The reliability of the system is based on the quality of the fixation. This type of stay is very rigid: in case of attempted break-in, the entire pressure is exerted violently at the end of the race. It is essential that the screws hold very well, that they can not be pulled out. Choose the optimal length from the door thickness. Prime the hole with a twist to avoid splitting the wood, which would be a source of weakness. Carefully lock the screws.
Install a Chain Keeper
1. The Chain Guard, another model, has the advantage of greater flexibility of use, but it is less rigid. The model presented here consists of three elements: the grooved plate, which is fixed on the door; the chain and its two end pieces; the safety lock, in which is placed one end of the chain. Start by fixing the grooved plate on the door. As a safety measure, always place the board horizontally, eye facing the hinges.
2. Secure the lock to the frame frame by screwing. The vertical position, lock up, facilitates the handling of the system.
3. When you are at home, the permanent fixing of the chain is on the lock side. To open the door, simply pull out the other end of the chain of the slide of the plate fixed on the door.
4. When leaving, the permanent fixing of the chain is on the sliding plate side. The free end of the chain is placed in the lock. After opening the door, it is easy to release the chain by maneuvering the lock, the hand easily passing through the crack.
On the same topic
- The new diamond door connected by Picard Serrures
- DIY videos
- How to install a door closer?
- Install a door keeper
- DIY tips
- DIY: How to put door hinges?
- How to install a simple lock on isoplane door?
- Rigid door lock
- Lock 5 points
- Hinge protection
- How to install a door peephole?
This may interest you