Sometimes it is helpful to have a quick connect on the kitchen faucet, allowing occasional connection of a small portable washing machine, or just a garden hose for the terrace or garden. You can now find this kind of accessory presented in kit (on card covered with plastic material); it poses no problem of installation. The quick connector can remain in place, without impeding the normal and usual operation of the valve.
- Quick coupling
- Flexible pipe
- Adjustable wrench
- Gooseneck taps
- Installation of quick coupling on faucet
- Placement of the hose
Installation of quick coupling on faucet
1. This type of quick coupling consists of a bypass controlled by an independent valve, equipped with a valve and a male water intake (black piece in the photo), which is connected to the hose. When the plug is plugged into the outlet of the fitting, simply open the original faucet and that of the fitting to get the water supply. When the plug is removed, the water flows to the top outlet of the fitting, which receives the original gooseneck valve. The latter can be used normally.
2. This quick coupling fits all traditional mixer taps. In fact the pitch of its thread, standardized, corresponds to that of the nut of the gooseneck (curved spout) sink and sink faucets. Start by dismantling the gooseneck; taking a wrench, or a matching size wrench. Avoid the use of a pliers (also called bicroc pliers): it may damage the chrome of the gooseneck nut. Take the opportunity to check the condition of the gooseneck o-ring (black round section seal, shaped like a bracelet, placed in a groove). Do not hesitate to replace it, if it seems used.
3. The quick coupling is placed just above the original fitting. It has a female thread (nut) at its base, and a male thread (bolt) at its top. Place the outlet on one side or the other, depending on the need for power.
4. Screw the base nut onto the existing faucet, then replace the gooseneck. Tighten its nut on the thread of the quick coupling, using a wrench or a wrench.
Placement of the hose
1. On one side, the plug ends with a thread, on the other, by a tip that fits into the fitting. He thus opens the valve, diverting the water towards the lateral exit and blocking the exit towards the gooseneck. A universal connection (here that of a washing machine, but the connections of hoses are also suitable) makes it possible to make the connection with the hose.
2. To obtain the bypass, simply plug the male end, and open the main valve (hot or cold) and that of the fitting.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Filter and treat water to improve its quality
- Repair a dripping faucet
- The faucet
- How to fix plumbing ducts?
- Carry out the installation of a simple self-piercing tap
- Use of dual connectors for a plumbing installation
- Washer connections
- Make his fittings by flanged collar
- Connection of 2 water heaters
This may interest you