All decorations based on a wooden coating give a feeling of well-being and comfort. It is also the elegant solution to create a false ceiling or to hide a ceiling without style or requiring major renovation work. Frills are easy to use thanks to their banks with tongues and grooves. You can nail them to fix them, but it is better to use paneled clips for their assembly. This system, easy to disassemble, allows the total recovery of the chips if necessary.
- Compass hanging out
- Fine tooth saw
- Paneled clips
- Using panel clips
- Continuing the installation of the frisettes
Using panel clips
1. The beams were stripped to receive the chips. If an offset is needed, nail chopsticks to catch the false levels.
2. Place the first furrow blade along the wall after adjusting to the dragging compass (or carpenter's compass). Staple the clips on the beams as you go.
3. To install the clips, insert the upper part of the clip into the groove and push in fully.
4. Staple in the oblong holes provided for this purpose with 12 or 14 mm staples. It is also possible to nail them.
5. If the clip has too much play in the groove, insert a screwdriver into the slot and rotate slightly. If the clip does not have a slot, tighten it with a flat-nose pliers.
6. The clips are in place. Frills must adhere perfectly to the beams.
Continuing the installation of the frisettes
7. When presenting the next blade in the groove, the groove must fit easily and the gasket must be flush and well aligned with the preceding clips.
8. Support the chisels that have already been laid to facilitate penetration of the tongue of the next chisel into the groove.
9. To cut the chisels at the end, the sawn timber will be precise and square..., assuming the walls are straight. If not, use the compass to hang around presenting the curl where it should be fixed.
10. The last frieze in a row must be sawn lengthwise. Use a fine-toothed saw.
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Wood products
- All treatments for the frames
- Fight against termites
- How to put a frieze under crawling
- Insulated ceiling made of plasterboard
- Renovate a ceiling with polystyrene slabs
This may interest you