The glued laying of solid parquet is the simplest solution on a smooth and hard surface like a concrete floor. It is a guarantee of solidity and durability of the parquet. Note that only glued (with a specific glue) is allowed when you want to put parquet on a floor heating.
- Circular saw
- Notched spatula
- Hold to hit
- Great rule
- Expansion wedges
- Flooring boards
- Glue suitable for parquet or man's head tips
- Profile copier
- Double-sided tape
- Transparent adhesive tape
- Prepare the first blades
- Glue the blades
Prepare the first blades
1. Perform the blank (glue-free) placement of the first two rows of slides. Place expansion wedges against the wall and lay the first blade, groove against the wall. Place the floor in the direction of the length of the room to lengthen it or conversely in the direction of the width to reduce the effect of length.
2. At the end of the row, you will probably have to re-cut a blade. Take the measurement between the end of the blade and the expansion wedge.
3. Mark the measurement on the back of the cutting blade (take into account the orientation of the tongue and the groove), draw the line of cut using the square. Flip the blade upside down and saw with a jigsaw. Assemble the second line of blades blank. Drop them off by marking their order: mark them on the underside of a number for the line and a letter for the order on the line, from right to left, for example.
Glue the blades
1. Spread the glue with a notched spatula. The layer should be fine and regular.
2. Place the first blade, groove against the wall, not forgetting the expansion wedges.
3. The blade should adhere perfectly to the ground. Help yourself with the mallet.
4. Slide the second blade into the previous blade with the blade and mallet.
5. Make the corner and end cuts with the jigsaw and position the blade.
6. Measure the gap between the penultimate blade and the wall, mark the back of the last blade and cut it with a jigsaw. Coat the back of the glue blade and lay it down.
(photos / visuals: © Castorama, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Laying of parquet on heated floor in 5 questions
- How to eliminate crackles from a solid parquet?
- How to restore a floor covered with a tile?
- Can we add a parquet floor on a heated floor?
- How to fix a parquet of 22 mm?
- Insulation and laying of oak parquet on tiling
- How to remove a tile placed on a solid parquet?
- To install a parquet on a floor heating high temperature?
- How to prevent the creaking of a floor?
- Can we place a parquet glued on OSB?
- How to insulate the walls of a house and need insulation between the boards and concrete for a parquet?
- DIY tips
- Choosing a solid parquet: the criteria to take into account
- Treatments of a new floor
- Successful renovation of a parquet floor
- Bostik soft floor glues
This may interest you