The boat blinds come in a wide range of colors and sizes. Their installation is greatly facilitated by a fixing system on window (PVC) which is done only with the help of a screwdriver, the blind to have a width greater than 3 cm approximately that of the glass.
- Boat blind
- Clips for blinds
- Interior blind kit for roof window
- Lay the gallows
- Clip the boat blind
Lay the gallows
1. The top bar of the awning rests on brackets attached directly to the top of each window leaf. Assemble the elements of these supports with a screw (provided in the kit).
2. Open the window now. Place a first gallows, straddling the top of the window sill.
3. A screw allows the locking of the stem in a good position. Tighten the screw in moderation to avoid splitting the plastic.
4. Install the second stem, making sure to position it symmetrically with respect to the first. Tighten the stem locking screw.
Clip the boat blind
1. Close the window. Present the awning to clip its top rail on the brackets you just placed.
2. For a perfect finish, PVC covers are fixed on the locking screws of the brackets on the window flaps.
3. Test the operation of the awning by operating the pull cord. Equip other window leaves.
(photos / visuals: © Castorama, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Stripping and reconditioning shutters and shutters
This may interest you