The end assembly with trunnions, when one does not have a template, is one of the easiest to achieve thanks to the trick of taking impressions of nails. However, extreme precision must be observed, since any irregularity is immediately detectable in this type of assembly.
- Crankshaft or drill
- Vinyl glue
- Setting up
1. On the first piece taken upright in the vice of the workbench, draw the diagonal on the end piece and separate it into thirds.
2. On the two points marked in this way, drive a medium nail vertically a third of its length vertically.
3. Cut the head of the nails with the pincers without modifying their verticality.
4. Bring the piece to be assembled above the tight one in the vice, strictly in the same axis and using the mallet at the end, print the location of the nails cut from the first piece.
5. After tearing the two nails with a pair of tongs without damaging the tip of the vertical piece, drill the two pieces in the places where the nails are printed. Take a wick of the same diameter as the trunnions and respect a depth equal to half their height.
6. Glue the trunnions with vinyl glue and snap the top piece into the end. Let it dry for three hours before handling.
On the same topic
- DIY videos
- Trunnion Assembly and Drilling Guide
- DIY tips
- Half-square, T-shaped and X-shaped assembly
- Jute thread splice assembly
- Fit and install low furniture in a kitchen
- How to make a storage cabinet?
- How to make a modular wall unit?
- Make an assembly jig for trunnions
- Trunnions (end), assembly diagram
- How to remove a broken wooden peg?
This may interest you