- What effects of limestone on my bathtub?
- Water softener and anti-lime solutions for bathtub
- How to clean the limestone present in his bathtub?
The calcareous water accumulates the layers of scale in our pipes and our baths. A recurring problem with multiple solutions: softeners, anti-limescale and cleaning products. Tips to fight the problems of limestone in his bathtub.
Bathtub and limestone problem
What effects of limestone on my bathtub?
The appearance of limestone comes from the precipitation of minerals contained in water.
This tartar is not dangerous for health but it has a destructive effect on a bathtub.
- unsightly, white marks are present on the walls of the bathtub and the taps.
- This deposit hangs dirt and increases the risk of bacterial blooms.
- Scaling also has the effect of reduce the diameter of the pipes of the bathtub. The tap then emits a thin stream of water.
- A limestone water limits the effectiveness of cleaning products because it prevents them from frothing.
Water softener and anti-lime solutions for bathtub
For particularly calcareous waters, called "hard", there are water softeners. These devices remove limescale. Their capacity varies according to the water consumption of the house.
Very effective, this solution remains expensive. The combined purchase and installation of the softener costs at least 2500 euros.
Less expensive but whose efficiency is variable:
- The anti-limescale filter keep the tartar so that it does not settle in the pipes.
- Magnetic anti-scale prevents scale from settling thanks to the electric current produced by magnets.
- Anti-limestone electrical impulse, avoids the deposit of scale through electricity
How to clean the limestone present in his bathtub?
The coating of a bathtub is damaged by abrasive products. To avoid deterioration, baking soda and white vinegar are the best solutions against the limestone bathtub.
In particular, it is possible to concoct a highly effective anti-scale agent based on these natural products by mixing in a container:
- 2 CS of sodium bicarbonate
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
This gives a homogeneous paste that is applied to the walls of the bath. Its components act on tartar by abrasion without damaging the coating.
It should be noted here that marble and enamelled cast iron must under no circumstances be cleaned with an acidic product that they can not withstand.