- The main functions of the buffer tank
- What capacity for the buffer tank of my boiler?
- Installation of a buffer tank on my boiler
The buffer tank or hydro-accumulator is a complementary installation connected to the heating system of a dwelling, in order to store the surplus energy produced. Functions, capacity, price and installation... find in this article all the information you need to know about the buffer tank.
The main functions of the buffer tank
The buffer tank, also called hydro-accumulator, can be installed in addition to your heating system (boiler, solar collector, heat pump, electric immersion heater). Once connected, the buffer tank allowsabsorb energy produced by said heating system, then returned as hot water.
The hydro-accumulator goes thus:
- regulate the heating system;
- ensure continuous operation and full power;
- restore the accumulated heat when it is stopped.
In fact, the hydro-accumulator allows economic consumption and rational energy.
To note: the stored energy can eventually ensure the production of domestic hot water for your home.
What capacity for the buffer tank of my boiler?
The capacity of a buffer tank can vary from 50 to several thousand liters (3000 L).
The choice of the ball, and therefore of its capacity, will depend on several elements:
- the power and nature of your heating system;
- the size of the heating network of your home;
- the type of insulation of your home;
- the size of the latter.
A complex choice that requires the experience and knowledge of a professional. In fact, it is recommended not to choose the buffer tank alone.
Installation of a buffer tank on my boiler
To connect a buffer tank to your boiler (for example), it is imperative to use the services of a professional in the sector. Indeed, the proper functioning and safety of the installation depends on various technical factors, starting with the compatibility of the tank with your heating system.
With regard to the cost of such an installation, it should be noted that it is possible to acquire a buffer tank starting from 380 € (excluding cost of installation).
This price can vary a lot depending on:
- the capacity of the buffer tank;
- the brand of the system;
- of its characteristics...