- Difficulty - Cost - Time - Equipment
- Concrete: to deliver or to prepare
- All the stages of the creation of a swimming pool, from earthworks to rafters...
- 1 Wall mounting
- 2 Pouring concrete into the cells of the boulder blocks
- Info +
- 3 Connection of basin maintenance equipment
- 4 Construction of wooden pool beach
- Preparation and projection of the coating in the basin
- And security?
Simple and quick to assemble, hollow blocks filled with concrete are covered with a waterproofing coating, which ensures a natural finish. Embellished with a wide wooden beach, the pool welcomes the whole family as soon as the warm weather arrives!
Difficulty - Cost - Time - Equipment
Cost: 25 000 € (basin, filtration system, technical room and wooden beach of 55 m2)
Time: 2 months
Large metal ruler
Square and round trowels
Large coating knife
Coating machine (rented)
Small tubular scaffolding...
The realization of a swimming pool can not be improvised. Wall material (reinforced concrete, banché, blocks...), basin finish (liner, plaster, tiles...), water treatment system (ozone, salt electrolysis...): constructive solutions, and the technical and decorative options are numerous.
Concrete: to deliver or to prepare
On this site, the basin (8 x 4 x D. 1.60 m) is made up of boulders to fill with concrete. Simple and quick to assemble, they are coated with a coating for pool waterproofing (Sika, Parexlanko, PRB...).
Ready-to-use, the coating provides both waterproofing and finishing. Its implementation by projection must be very rigorous.
Note that the water line gets dirty quickly, a frieze tile, glued on the plaster, can facilitate maintenance.
If you work in pairs, and depending on the size of the pond, the delivery of ready-mixed concrete (BPE) by truck mixer and truck pump remains an effective solution. While more expensive, it is very practical if you want to save time.
All the stages of the creation of a swimming pool, from earthworks to rafters...
Any construction site of this type starts with the delimitation of the perimeter of the basin with the cord, followed by a tracing with the aerosol bomb.
The depth of the excavation (excavated at the minipelle) must be determined at the laser level with respect to a point 0, in order to maintain the same finished height during the work.
After the earthworks, the armature placed at the bottom of the excavation consists of two layers of lattices welded to vertical irons, on which the slab (slab) is cast.
The technical room (8 m2) is here adjoining the basin. Its implementation facilitates its realization and avoids the purchase of a powerful pump.
The "roof" of the room is at the same level as the top of the pool, which allows the installation of a wooden beach, wide and homogeneous (here 55 m2). To know if the project imposes a building permit or a simple prior declaration of work (our building site), it is necessary to inquire with the town hall.
Several criteria come into play: basin area, location in relation to buried network, neighborhood, etc.
It is also necessary to fill out and file in town hall a declaration of opening of site, then a declaration attesting the completion and the conformity of the works.
Finally, any pool construction must be declared to the tax authorities (within 3 months of completion) for the revaluation of the property tax.
1 Wall mounting
- The bungs are sealed and caulked.
- Vertical irons (Ø 8 mm) staggered every 20 cm are welded to lattices.
- The concrete slab is poured (28 cm thick). After drying (28 days), arrange your blocks.
- Thread the blocks on the vertical irons.
- Laying is dry, with offset joints.
- Check flatness (chalk) and plumb (bubble level).
- At each rank, a horizontal chaining consists of 2 irons (Ø 8 mm), ligated to the vertical irons in place.
- As you go, insert Ø 8 mm twist in the continuity of the vertical chaining.
- At each corner, "cross" the blocks to ensure a solid connection.
- Remove the concrete tongues with a mallet.
- Check regularly level and plumb.
- The penultimate rank receives the grinder-cut blocks for the discharge nozzles and the skimmers, placed in projecting 2 cm.
- The last row laid, perform the formwork device: the boards (exceeding the blocks of 5 cm) are held by clamps.
- With a rank of blocks less, the walls of the technical room are ready to receive joists, slabs and finishing slab.
- To house an opening for the door and to realize the formworks (arase and table of door).
2 Pouring concrete into the cells of the boulder blocks
- Pour the concrete (dosed at 350 kg / m3) mixed with the concrete mixer.
- Start at an angle to distribute it well and continue filling the bucket to the last row.
- Do not interrupt work during the filling phase: the concrete must be homogeneous.
- Work with others to coordinate the mixing and pouring of the concrete.
- Lay a horizontal linkage (two Ø 8 mm rebars).
- If you do not use a vibrating needle to drive out air bubbles, vibrate the concrete regularly with a long batting (or iron).
- Finish pouring the concrete by distributing it evenly by trowel, to the top of the formwork.
- Then smooth the arase with a ruler or a drop of cleat, taking support on the formwork.
- Proceed in the same way for the arase of the technical room.
- The formwork also acts as lintel.
- Smooth the concrete to the ruler in the formwork of the door panel.
- Note that the room will be covered with a concrete slab cast on concrete beams and slabs.
- To build the rounded staircase, add rubble and dirt and form a 45% slope.
- Seal a welded mesh on cement pads, then make the formwork of the three steps (here H. 38 cm) in bendable plywood.
- Pour concrete.
- Dispose after drying (28 days).
3 Connection of basin maintenance equipment
- Connect skimmers, discharge nozzles and brush plug by unwinding the pipes (supplied with the filtration system) to the technical room.
- Secure them (outer side) with collars.
- In the room, connect the skimmers to the sand filter and then it to the pump: it rejects clean water to the discharge nozzles.
- The valves can reverse the suction by disconnecting the skimmers when you connect the brush plug for cleaning.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions. In the immediate future, do not turn on the power.
4 Construction of wooden pool beach
- Make a concrete sole (15 x 15 cm) depending on the location of the beach, allow to dry (about 72 hours).
- Then fix the joists of the terrace (spacing 50 cm) using metal brackets and dowels to hit (or lag bolts).
- Cut the blades with a radial saw according to your layout.
- Screw the blades onto the joists using invisible deck mounting clips. Regularly check flatness at the ruler and bubble level.
Preparation and projection of the coating in the basin
- Mix the waterproofing compound with water (according to the manufacturer's instructions) in the concrete mixer, until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Pour it in a wheelbarrow and let stand 5 min.
- Transfer it to the shovel in the mixing tank of your projecting machine (rented).
- Turn on the machine to operate the pump.
- Project a first layer of plaster (gobetis) 5 mm thick.
- Make sure to trim the edges of corners and work preferably two in the pool and then summarily brush the gobetis using a brush to glue.
- After drying (48 h), apply a second layer of plaster as before: move the nozzle to obtain horizontal "strips" (2 cm maximum thickness).
- Lay the plaster with a large metal ruler.
- Move it vertically for 1 m then work in the same way horizontally.
- Smooth the plaster with a large plaster knife.
- Operate by regular movements to obtain a uniform surface.
- Work in pairs: one projects, the other smooth.
- Project a new plaster run at the wall / bottom junction of the pool.
- Spread on the ground, with a square trowel, a strip of 20 cm wide, making sure to fill the corners.
The owner has opted for a motorized swimming pool shelter (Abrisud) that keeps the water warm during the night.
Driven by remote control, modules of the same width move on integrated slides.
They stack at the end of the pool (thanks to cams), clearing around the pool.
Only the motorization box is fixed on the beach (or the borders).
The motorized system can operate autonomously with a solar panel.
• Boulder blocks, sand, cement, gravel
• Concrete bars (Ø 8 mm), twisted Ø 8 mm
• Waterproofing coating for pool (here 50 bags of 25 kg, Sika)
• Formwork boards, bendable plywood
• Wood blades, joists
• Pool accessories in kit (bottom drain, discharge nozzles, pump, sand fi lter, skimmers...)
• PVC glue, fasteners and invisible fasteners for decking