The Content Of The Article:

I am about to build a detached house. In the description at a fixed price it is stated that the foundations will be made of reinforced concrete and that the walls will be mounted in hollow agglos. However, the builder asks me to take out a water intake lease from the project commune to carry out this work. My question is: is the water supply not included in the agreed price? Indeed the builder assures me that it is a normal procedure otherwise the work will not be able to begin. What do you think?

Things are extremely clear: a construction contract costs the cost of the materials needed for construction, materials including the water necessary for the gashing of mortar or concrete used for construction. To make pay the water more by the customer is thus contrary to articles L. 231-1 and R. 231-4 of the code of the construction.

So it's not up to you to pay for water.

On the same topic

  • DIY tips
    • Choosing a builder to build a house
  • Questions answers
    • Can we build on land classified "agricultural"?

This may interest you