A ground floor accommodation is equipped with electric floor heating. This heating system being insufficient during periods of extreme cold, is it possible to add a heating mat? Or is it dangerous?
In terms of performance, you do not have to add a thickness on a heated floor, because you create a resistance to the diffusion of heat.
If there is a base "electric ground" is that there is probably a complementary heating system. Why not use it? Otherwise, there is no no danger particular to use a heating mat under these conditions.
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Can we put a wooden floor on a floor heating?
- How to improve the diffusion of heat in a house?
- Heated floors: choose your heating mode
- What electric floor heating in renovation?
- DIY tips
- Implementation of an electric radiant floor
- How does the electric radiant panel work?
- How does an electric radiant floor work?
This may interest you