Should we remove a bituminous coating at the roof of a cottage before covering with galvanized steel plates? The heat and cold have damaged the seal and water seeps.
Whether it's bituminous shingles or welded strips between them, it is possible to keep bituminous shingles under a steel roof. Two solutions are possible:
- a direct pose, with the interposition of a under-roof screen;
- Installation on reported chevron ensure ventilation between the steel cover and the shingles which then play rôre rain screen. This solution has the merit of prevent any risk of condensation on the underside of the bins, if ventilation is properly ensured.
The second solution is the best.
In any case, we must follow the advice of professionals.
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Under-roof screens in 5 questions
- How to renovate a shingle cover (singles)?
- Leaks on a roof less than 10 years old: what remedies?
- How to estimate the state of a roof?
- DIY tips
- Underlay screens
- All treatments for the frames
- Renovate a roof tile channel
This may interest you