Is it possible to lay tiles on plastic tiles 30 x 30 cm? Should I put a fixer before?
Whatever the hardness of the plastic slabs and the quality of their bonding, it is not not recommended to lay tiles on plastic slabs, even after application of a fixer (primer). It is better to deposit and to leave the net support.
In this case, however, it must be remembered that the slabs do not contain anyasbestos (plastic slabs and glue before 1997 contain them). If this is the case, it is necessary to call upon a specialized company in asbestos removal.
To avoid this expensive deposit, we advise rather to put on these slabs a laminate reproducing tiling (there is a striking realism).
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- How can we cover a pebbled floor?
- How to renovate a tiled floor on a wooden floor?
- What level of skill does it take to lay tile?
- Can we tile on vinyl containing asbestos?
- Can the floor be tiled directly on extruded polystyrene?
- DIY tips
- Tiling on old floor: preparation of the support
- Lay an extra-thin tile
- Lay tile to clip
- How to maintain an old tile?
This may interest you