The Umbrella Stand is without a doubt the most important accessory of any entrance. The one that we propose to realize here will not require you more than half a day of work, without any complicated material.
- Bell saw
1. Using a jigsaw cut the cheeks of the racks and those of the box. Diagrams of the umbrella stand: N° 1, N° 2, N° 3.
The list of materials needed to make the umbrella stand:
|Landmarks||Rooms||Number||Dimensions (in mm)|
|3||Sides of the box||2||150x120x15|
|4||Bottom of the box||1||470x100x15|
|5||Front of the box||1||470x95x15|
It is necessary to have also screw, nails, of the glue, of the'coating and some painting.
2. Drill the hole saw, in the cheeks, the holes (25 mm ø) for the round bar.
3. Racks and box being screwed from the back, drill in the bottom the necessary holes.
4. Screw the cheeks of the racks from the back. Two screws are sufficient.
5. Dig a number of blind holes (4 or 2) in the bar and drill the same number of holes (12 mm ø) into the bottom panel.
6. Install the trunnion pieces from the back. They come exactly in the prepared holes in the bar. Glue the holes and the pins.
7. The box (assembled by gluing and nailing) is screwed, like the cheeks, from the back.
8. Carefully coat all surfaces before painting. Place small plastic boxes to collect water dripping from umbrellas. Their size conditions that of the wooden case.
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Box for oilstone
- Create a shoebox
- Create a bread box
- How to make a round and removable wooden table?
- DIY: build a wooden square stool
This may interest you