The blind is the culmination of domestic protection against the heat of the sun since it provides today comfort, economy and health. Thus, from the natural shade of the elements: walls, trees, we went to the parasol, more or less adjustable to reach the blind, this mobile canvas which, from a wall, can cover the demand, a surface determined. To achieve this stage of efficiency, great progress had to be made on the various components of a blind: the frame or the envelope with the load bar with or without a blind, the deployment arm and the tensioning system, the electric and radio maneuvers and automations and finally, at the level of the canvases, in addition to a vast choice, scientific and technical qualities allowing to reach a high solar and thermal protection.
- The maneuver and the fabric of a blind
It exists 3 types of banne, so 3 types of shade protection.
Indeed, a blind, when folded and wound, must have a minimum of protection to not be permanently assaulted by the weather without being airy.
It is the simplest but most effective protection.
Fixed above the awning, the aluminum canopy protects the fabric from the weather by covering the top of the load bar of the folded awning. Models: Monaco, Florida,
It is a self-supporting extruded aluminum spinning box, fully protecting the fabric, with the arms folded underneath when the load bar closes the front of the protection.
Models: Osiris, Marina, Oceania
It is a complete chest in which are found the rolled up cloth and arms folded, completely protected and hidden when the load bar completely closed the protection.
Models: Antalya, Hermes, Hermes Lumina Led, Antigua, Calysta.
• Aluminum arm from 1.50 m to 3.50 m with adjustable extruded aluminum supports for square tube, double sheathed steel cable (2 springs for arms 3 and 3.50 m) and elbow alignment system in folded position.
• Arms available in several sizes: from 1.50 m to 3.50 m.
E.N.A. straps (European Norm Arms)
• Arms equipped with polycable XTC 900 webbing, consisting of 9 steel cables, coated in elastomer for reliability and reduced size of the elbow mechanism.
• These arms use a new kinematic and innovative patented elbow alignment system.
• 60,000 cycles.
• Arms available in several sizes: from 1.50 m to 3.75 m.
A.C.T. (Arms Continue Voltage)
• Reinforced aluminum arms with polycable XTC 900 webbing, concealed in ball-bearing elbow. These arms use a new kinematic and double spring for a continuous tension of the fabric, as well as an innovative patented elbow alignment system.
• Arms available in several sizes: from 3 to 4 m.
L.A.E. (LuminaLed Arms Energy)
New generation of hybrid arms (Lumina Led), developed in design office.
They are equipped:
• Lighting composed of powerful LEDs of low voltage restoring the natural color (warm white).
• Exclusive kinematics for optimal tension of the fabric.
L.A.E. arms also allow to supply energy to a roll-up blind.
The maneuver and the fabric of a blind
The maneuver of a blind can be done in a way:
In the latter case, intended more particularly for small awnings or non electrified lambrequins, the maneuver is by winch and crank unhookable.
The planetary winch allows a flexible and fast rise of the blind.
U.V. protection (UPF index): indicates the percentage of filtration of the U.V. by the fabric (at least 90% of U.V.,).
Visual protection. (Visual transmission index): according to EN 410, the percentage of visual transmission of the fabrics must not exceed 28% of the sunlight. The bright canvases will filter the sun's rays bringing a particular brightness.
Dark canvases will effectively protect the light intensity of the sun under sunshine conditions.
The color of the light (luminous atmosphere)
Described as "cool", "temperate" or "warm", it refers to the color temperature of the light transmitted by the fabric and its associated comfort.
Thermal comfort (solar factor index)
Indicates the reduction of thermal radiation obtained in reference summer conditions (air at 30° C, no wind).
All tested fabrics block at least 70% of solar energy.
Routine maintenance of your awning fabric is carried out by simple suction, air blowing, threshing or dry brushing. Maintenance kits are also available for stronger stains.
(photos / visuals: © Soliso, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- The criteria of choice for the purchase of an awning
- Interior blinds
- Choose a motorized pergola with a metal structure
- Box awnings
- Cassette awnings
- Canopy awnings
- Operation of a blind
- Automation of a blind: energy savings
- Laying a banne awning
- Interior blinds according to SOMFY
- Questions answers
- How to choose a climatic pergola?
This may interest you