The manufacture of concrete blocks respects the environment since the materials that compose them, are natural and abundant elements.
Respect the environment
The elements that go into the composition of the blocks are cold compacted and only the cement has required cooking. The product thus produced is inert and does not require any chemical treatment, whether preventive or curative. The presence of more than 400 production sites that mesh the national territory, reduces to the maximum the cost of transport and its footprint on the environment. Finally, this material is 100% recyclable. In addition, the quarrying of aggregates requires the restoration of the places concerned which are often transformed into wetlands, constituting environmental "plus".
Abundant natural materials
- 87% gravel and sand, 7% clay and limestone (cement) and 6% water.
- The Concrete Block is cold molded. Only cement (7%) required cooking.
- Concrete Block is an inert material that does not require any chemical treatment, preventive or curative.
The performance of the "Concrete System Constructive Block" (with insulating insert) in thermal insulation can limit the energy consumption for heating and air conditioning.
Thanks to the 400 production sites spread all over France, the supply of building sites in blocks generates up to 5 times less road transport than other products, which limits carbon dioxide emissions and therefore the negative effects. on the ozone layer.
A simple grinding operation makes it possible to recycle 100% of the Concrete Blocks.
Landfilling requires no special precautions, unlike treated wood for example.
Environmental and health labeling, FDES
The Grenelle Environment Forum will make mandatory the environmental and sanitary labeling of building products.
Δ The Concrete Block has anticipated this obligation and has its Environmental and Sanitary Declaration Forms ESFD (P 01010), the only complete eco-balance that measures and compares the environmental impacts of products between them.
Δ The performance of Concrete Block, attested by its FDES, is a decisive asset in the framework of, for example, HQE approaches.
Δ Primary energy consumption is limited to 1.7 MJ and the impact on climate change is 0.16 kg CO2 eq.
The environmental qualities of the concrete block are attested by the affixing of the NF FDES mark which certifies that each approved plant complies with the FDES of the Concrete Block.
Δ Bloc Concrete was the first to achieve this distinction.
Benefits of Concrete Block
The "environmental assets" of the concrete block
The environmental quality of a product is assessed by considering all stages of its life: from the acquisition of raw materials, through its manufacture and use until recycling or disposal.
By adopting this approach, the concrete block has many assets including abundant natural raw materials.
Concrete blocks consist mainly of:
- 94% mineral natural resources (aggregates and cement);
- 6% water.
Production under controlled conditions
The manufacture of the cement used in the composition of the blocks offers the opportunity to develop clean industrial residues of other sectors (in the form of matter or energy). The extraction of aggregates in quarries is subject to strict reorganization conditions that go beyond the simple restoration of the site and may even lead to environmental "plus" (creation of wetlands, etc.).
The manufacture of blocks taking place in the factory, the environmental impacts generated at this stage are easily controlled during production. Scrap, in small quantities, inert, is recycled at the factory to make blocks or reused as backfilling material.
The wide distribution of production plants (more than 500 sites) on the territory, limits the transport distances of the products and consequently the associated impacts (fuel consumption, atmospheric emissions, etc.).A clean yard
The nuisances related to the construction site are smaller and limited in time due to the delivery on site of a finished industrial product with many accessories (corner blocks, etc.).
The implementation is fast, requires no formwork and the consumption of materials is optimized.
An inert material that is easily recyclable
After the demolition of the structure in which they were integrated, the blocks are fully recyclable in the form of aggregates that can be reused as a form layer, foundations or road bases, etc.
These aggregates even constitute a potential source of raw materials for future products.
A constructive system that is economical and easy to implement
- its components, extracted locally, are natural (the block consists of a mixture of aggregates, cement and water), it requires a low energy consumption for its manufacture;
- it is produced in large series;
- it is available everywhere, which limits transport.
At the pose:
- the standardization of its dimensions facilitates the installation;
- it offers a full range of standard products and accessory products.
In operation of the works (in use):
- the quality of the products guarantees their durability and the absence of maintenance. It therefore offers a high overall cost for maximum quality;
- Thanks to their optimized shape and dimensions, thanks to the interchangeability of the products, thanks to the presence of numerous and practical accessories, the blocks can be easily and quickly implemented.
(photos / visuals: © Blocalians, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Thermal and acoustic performance of the concrete block
- Concrete block with thin joint
- Industrial manufacture of concrete block
- The constituents of the concrete block
- Range of concrete blocks
- History of the concrete block
- Construction of a concrete block wall (breeze block)
This may interest you