The Content Of The Article:

I would like to contact you about a problem with humidity in my home. I live in the Oise and it is a traditional pavilion built in the 80s with an area of ​​about 100m2 on 2 levels. My lodge has not had insulation work on the walls but the glass wool has recently been changed in the attic. In addition, I proceeded to change all windows and doors. The old ones were wooden with single glazing. The new windows are now PVC double glazed. Since this installation (or coincidence), moisture is formed (with mold) in some places living rooms mainly and especially in the living-dining room. it is not about rising capillaries but condensation where the walls are colder behind some furniture. For the moment the situation is managed thanks to condensation trays but this solution is only unsatisfactory. As a result, what will be the most technically and financially appropriate solution (s) for my situation? Apart from the conventional VMC (which would be very expensive to set up in my home), I heard about positive ventilation by overpressure or a simpler solution, the installation of aerators.

In a house equipped with old joinery, the renewal of the air is assured empirically, but real, by the defects of waterproofness of the joinery. Replacing them with new, much more watertight joinery should be accompanied by the installation of a mechanical ventilation solution to renew indoor air: VMC or overpressure ventilation with an air handling unit.
A VMC is indeed complex to implement, the overpressure ventilation is simpler, it is generally effective, but it remains relatively expensive.
The installation of aerators may be insufficient. While waiting for this equipment, use electric dehumidifiers.

On the same topic

  • Questions answers
    • Condensation on the windows of a new house: ventilation problem?

This may interest you

Video Instruction: Understanding Window Condensation