- Connection of a ceramic hob: specificities and standards
- Complex connection of your ceramic hob? Call a pro
The connection of a ceramic hob is subject to certain specificities and safety standards that are absolutely essential. To find in this article: our advice and recommendations to begin the connection of your plate vitro safely.
Connection of a ceramic hob
Connection of a ceramic hob: specificities and standards
The connection of a ceramic hob is not within the reach of all and requires to respect certain precautions.
- Before any electrical installation, do not forget to turn off the power. An electrocution can quickly occur with very serious consequences.
- For his connection, the vitro plate must be connected to a plug connected to the ground. Do not use an extension cord or multiple plug.
Note that the outlet must remain easily accessible.
- Standards regulate electrical installations, which must be scrupulously respected. Whether your ceramic hob is single-phase or three-phase, here you will have to refer to the standard NF15-100 for its connection:
|Number of maximum use points per circuit||Minimum section||Maximum protection intensity|
(protect the line on the board)
|Single-phase ceramic hob||1||6 mm²||32 A||32 A|
|Three-phase ceramic hob||1||2.5 mm²||20 A||16 A|
Complex connection of your ceramic hob? Call a pro
Connecting a ceramic hob to the electricity grid can be very complicated because of these safety standards.
An inevitable regulation however, because of the considerable risks represented by a faulty electrical installation:
- breaker jumping at the moment of lighting your plate;
- risks offires;
- risks electrocution;
To note: Check the cable supplied with your ceramic hob. If it is damaged, do not take any risk and do not hesitate to ask for a new one from the manufacturer of the device or its after-sales service.
If you do not feel the soul of an installer, you are strongly recommended to use the services of a professional electrician. You will be assured of a completely secure installation.
For information: the cost of intervention of a professional may vary from one company to another. Indeed, prices generally oscillate between 35 and 50 € / H (excluding travel cost).