- Removing the ink cartridges from the printer
- Unclogging the printer nozzles
- Discount depending on the printer
Many inkjet printers end their lives prematurely at the waste center (when not at the curb) because they do not print correctly despite the launch of the self-cleaning program of nozzles from the computer or the control panel of the machine. However, with a low price kit, it is possible to clean the nozzles manually deep without any disassembly of the device. This operation requires only a little care and method.
- Specific solvent bottle
- Syringe, needle and injection tube
Removing the ink cartridges from the printer
1. Open the printer cover by grasping the top of the machine on each side with both hands under the scanner glass (mutlifunction printers).
2. Start the ink cartridge replacement program from the computer or from the printer control panel. The print head automatically moves to the cartridge access position. Open the cartridge compartment cover.
3. Remove the cartridges one at a time. If your cartridges are still full enough to be used, wrap them with food film to prevent ink from drying out and clogging the cartridge outlets. You will put them back in place after cleaning the nozzles.
Unclogging the printer nozzles
1. Color ink residue indicates the position of the print nozzles that need to be touched.
2. Place paper towels in the paper exit slot of the printer to absorb the solvent that will be introduced into the nozzles and flow through them when the nozzles are unclogged.
3. Thread the rubber gloves (included here in the cleaning kit). Take a good amount of solvent with the syringe.
4. Remove the needle from the syringe. Place the injection tube on the tip of the syringe.
5. Engage the injection tube on the first nozzle.
6. Slowly inject the solvent into the nozzle by pushing the plunger of the syringe with your thumb. Do the same for each nozzle.
7. Leave the product to act for at least 24 hours.
8. Remove the paper towels from the printer. The ink marks indicate that the nozzles are well uncorked.
Discount depending on the printer
1. Replace the cartridges in their slots, matching the colors on the machine.
2. Close the cartridge compartment cover. Continue the process of replacing the cartridges from the computer or from the printer control panel. Let the print head reposition itself.
3. Close the printer cover. Start the nozzle check process. Test the impression.
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY videos
- Clean a computer fan
- Clean the nozzles and printheads of a printer
- DIY tips
- How to replace a computer hard drive
This may interest you