This independent machine allows you to carry out various cutting tasks: edging, fretwork, tenon, bending, various sawn timber.
- Saw blades
- Mobile Guide
- Powder cord
- Wood chisel
- Simple cuts
- Advanced cuts
1. The band saw, a fairly light machine (less than 15 kg), is equipped with an induction motor with a power of 300 watts: it turns at 1400 revolutions / minute and gives the blade a speed of scrolling 130 m / min. It can cut a maximum thickness of 102 mm. There are different blades: standard with fine teeth for wood, or special for plastics, light alloys, fabric or polystyrene.
2. To change the blade, simply remove the cover and put one in place by passing it into the notch of the saw table. The blade is easily attached to the pulleys, up and down.
3. The button at the top of the machine is used to adjust the blade tension. To adjust the blade guide, tighten the starter screw so that it is 0.5 or 1 cm above the surface of the workpiece.
4. To cut pieces of raw wood (remove the sapwood), first make a chalk line. This very thick piece requires to completely raise the protector. Frankly engage the wood on the blade. Do not push on it: move the piece forward as you cut.
5. To cut, that is, to cut a piece in the width, proceed with caution and place your thumbs back to avoid any accident.
6. A movable and adjustable guide allows precise delineation. Attach the fence and hold the piece firmly.
7. The band saw allows for double-hitching assemblies.
8. Saw, after tracing, according to the length, and disengage the bottom of the fork. It is often necessary to finish with the chisel.
9. The band saw facilitates the creation of sinuous cuts. You must use a narrow blade and simply follow the path, holding the piece of wood with both hands. This operation does not pose any particular problems. Keep hands away from the blade. This one must be perfectly sharpened to allow a correct work. A band saw blade sharpens like a regular blade, using a file, a third-point, and a pliers.
10. Do not attempt to sharpen the hardened teeth blades, sharpened once and for all at the factory. Cutting them at a particular angle is done with a miter guide which is fixed in the saw table and has a graduated scale. Place the piece of wood against the support of the guide, and slide the guide in the groove of the table.
11. The saw blade tray is tilting, allowing chamfering. Thanks to two bolts that are screwed, it can be fixed in inclination up to 45°. A graduated scale makes it possible to determine exactly the desired inclination.
12. To saw with the inclined plate, use the miter guide. The chamfer is here made at 45°.
On the same topic
- DIY videos
- Use a multifunction tool
- DIY tips
- Plumber tools
- Use a portable power saw
- Electric panel saw
- Mortiser, tenoner
- How to use a table saw
- Make cuts with a circular saw
- How to use a jigsaw?
- Simple bunching
- Tenon and mortise with shoulder
- Tenon and mortise
- Joinery: sawing by hand
- Joinery: tracing
- Tenon and mortise, assembly diagram
- work plan that took the water
This may interest you