The Content Of The Article:

The former owner made an extension to the back of my masonry house without landscaping the interior. I then bought this house and arranged the interior. Now that I finished the neighbor told me that there was no permit; what to do?

The property you have purchased was normally the subject of an application for planning documents by the notary. A precise description of the house was made, read at the time of the sale and carried in your act. You must have been aware of the presence or absence of that part of the dwelling you bought. In the first case, no appeal can, in my opinion, be made against you. In the second case, the question is more contentious, especially if the extension makes you exceed the surface allowed by the land use plan... But your neighbor should have recourse... The best is to maintain good relations with him! If it does, it will unfortunately file a building permit by demonstrating your good faith.

On the same topic

  • DIY tips
    • Constraints and precautions during structural work

This may interest you

Video Instruction: Penalties for building without a permit