A thermodynamic water heater is a device that operates by the action of an integrated heat pump. The refrigerant carries out a thermodynamic cycle which enables it to transfer the available calories in the ambient air towards the water of the balloon. This renewable energy system for the production of hot water releases 10 times less CO2 than fossil energy. It saves up to 70% of economy because with a COP of 3,33 it restores 3,33 kW for 1 kW consumed. With a capacity of 270 liters, this device can cover the hot water needs of a family of 6 people.
Beginning and continuation of the report
• Installation of a thermodynamic water heater (1)
• Safety group of a thermodynamic water heater (3)
• Supply and distribution of a thermodynamic water heater (4)
- Presentation of connections
- Access to the heat pump
- Presentation of the elements of the chain
Presentation of connections
1. This type of water heater uses aerothermal to heat the water of its balloon. However, it must be connected to a power line to ensure the operation of the various elements of the heat pump and provide supplemental energy supplement in case of additional needs. This line (3-wire clear cable) will be connected to the switchboard by a 30 mA differential circuit breaker. The dark 2-wire cable is for the "off-peak" relay if the installation has one.
2. The hot water outlet is made by a stitching (red color) located at the top of the appliance. The connection must be made using a special dielectric connection (supplied) to avoid galvanic iron / copper torques (risk of corrosion). The absence of this connection will void the warranty.
3. The connection of the cold water supply (the mains supply) to the water heater is done by a stitching (blue color) at the bottom of the appliance. The installation of a new safety group (not supplied) is obligatory (standard NF EN 1487) and no apparatus must be between this block and the sewing of the water heater.
4. Next to the outlet of the electrical wires, there is a plastic bent nozzle to which a flexible hose (supplied) must be connected: this is the evacuation of the condensates produced by the cooling of the air in contact with the evaporator. These condensates will join the evacuation line needed for the overflow of the safety group.
Access to the heat pump
5. Access to the heat pump (essential for installation with ducts) is done by removing the covers that cover it. Start by unscrewing the 6 attachment points of the top cover which will release the others. Then unscrew and remove the vertical protection cover of the control and programming screen.
6. Unscrew the center latch of the side cover before opening and remove it by taking the necessary precautions with regard to the outputs of the electrical wires and the condensate outlet.
7. The insulating interior of the 2 side covers, in the middle, a grid covered with an acoustic trap that forces air to enter or exit the top and bottom of this accessory. In case of installation with ducts, it is obviously necessary to remove them. They will then be replaced by a specially adapted sleeve. Sleeves and sleeves are not part of the initial supply and must be ordered extra.
Presentation of the elements of the chain
8. The absence of the covers makes it possible to discover the circuit board of the electrical resistance of extra energy, of its thermostat and of the grounding.
9. Under the long vertical hood is therefore the control screen but also, just above, the electrical box connection of all the elements of the heat pump.
10. On the right side of the control panel, on the air outlet side, there is the fan, which is used to ventilate the various components, including the evaporator which is adjacent to it, and which starts to heat the refrigerant.
11. On the left side, on the air inlet side, it is the compressor whose function is to bring the refrigerant to a high temperature before it enters the condenser (a kind of coil inside the condenser). balloon), in contact with the water that it must warm up.
12. This plunging view is used to position the elements of the chain that constitute the devices of the heat pump. The condenser fins, the refrigerant system tubing, the electrical connection box (on the right) and, on the far left, the condensate drain are shown.
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Problems of sanitary thermostatic faucets in 5 questions
- Tips for maintaining a thermodynamic balloon
- How to hang a heating with aerothermal?
- DIY tips
- Produce domestic hot water with a heat pump
- Properly maintain an electric water heater
- How to maintain and repair an electric water heater?
- Supply and distribution of a thermodynamic water heater (4)
- Safety group of a thermodynamic water heater (3)
- Installation of a thermodynamic water heater (1)
- How to install a super panel solar water heater?
- Controlled outlet temperature water heater (Familio)
- Water heater coupled with a heat pump (Aéromax)
- Solar water heater (Biopack): description
- Replace an electric hot water tank
- The heat pump (PAC): economical and efficient for heating or air conditioning
- Electric and thermodynamic water heaters ARISTON
This may interest you