Like any other plant, trees need to be pruned, either to promote their growth or to give them an aesthetic shape. Also, the realized size will not be the same according to the species of the tree, its age or its implantation. Presentation of the different techniques of tree size.
The different techniques to prune a tree
The severe size of the tree
Severe pruning is a pruning technique that consists of to significantly reduce the height and volume of the tree. This is usually done in the following cases:
- When the tree, like cedar or oak, becomes too imposing and may present a security risk, ie the fall of which could lead to accidents;
- When trees, like plane trees, are planted to border streets or large lots, in order to limit their development and maintain their aesthetic form;
- Depending on the essence of the tree, some species, such as maple, require a very short size the first year after planting to be able to develop their branches near the ground.
This size technique is otherwise of a nature to weaken the treeit must be carried out according to special rules so as not to cause his death if necessary. In particular, the size must be carried out in a specific must never exceed one third of the height and volume of the tree.
The reasoned size of the tree
On the contrary, reasoned size is a so-called soft size, more respectful of the tree and the environment. It is implemented from the youngest age of the tree and is characterized by several stages:
- Training size: operated during the first years of the tree, until its 15 years approximately, this one allows him to develop as naturally as possible according to its place of implantation, while guaranteeing its esthetism;
- The maintenance size: the adult tree, it aims to remove dead branches and sick, and new shoots too many or misplaced, while maintaining a harmonious shape;
- Backup sizes: alternatives to slaughter, these consist of rehabilitating poorly trained trees or having suffered from severe sizes.
Safety rules for trimming a tree
If the size is risky for the tree when it is not done correctly, it is as much and even more for the one who realizes it. Indeed, it must be performed safely to avoid accidents, such as falls and cuts, and according to regulatory standards. He is so keenly recommended to hire a pruning professionaltrained and equipped with the appropriate equipment.