All the deco tips of System D to make a footrest: easy and practical!
- A footrest to cover (70 cm x42 cm): if the feet are worn, paint them first with gray paint (Resource)
- Sewing machine
- 1 m gray-beige smooth velvet 140 cm wide (Moline)
- 30 cm x 85 cm hand-painted flower silk (Moline)
- Matching yarn
- Sewing scissors
- 2 m striped cotton stripes (Moline)
- 3 m of gray pearl stripe (Moline)
- 4 m double blue-gray piping (Moline)
- Wall stapler
- Passementerie glue
Completion time: 5 hours
- Cut two pieces of gray velvet 85 cm x 40 cm.
- Put together the pieces of velvet on each side of the silk and sew together.
- Iron with a soft iron.
- Sew the striped braid on the seam between the silk and the velvet.
- Place the fabric band on the footrest with the flow pattern centered.
- Turn over the small piece of furniture.
- Staple one of the sides and then the opposite, stretching the fabric well.
- Staple the other two sides.
- For angles, carefully fold the fabric inside towards the narrow side of the pouf.
- Staple the beaded ribbon around the edge of the footrest.
- Glue the double gray piping at the junction of the striped ribbon and the silk coupon.
- Glue the rest of this piping over the edge to hide the staples that hold the pearl stripe.