Explanations to customize a wooden tray by painting it and creating flowery patterns.
- Wooden tray to paint or old rectangular or square tray
- Pébéo 6-tone acrylic deco paint (here: cream beige n° 69, beige n° 70, light pink n° 26, dark pink n° 44, khaki green n° 66 and brown n° 74)
- Normal brush for the tray, fine and medium for the reasons
- Plate of glass with dimensions of the interior of the tray
- Printed fabric (wallpaper style) with a floral pattern (to serve as a model)
- Oily white or black pencil
- Deco paint bomb ice blue matte satin
- Glue tube for glass
Completion time: 2 hours (excluding drying time)
- Paint the tray in khaki green.
- Place the chosen fabric under the glass plate.
- Decide the flowery pattern in bold pencil in the main lines: isolate the largest masses according to the different tones with precise surrounds, this will help for the painting step. Here, 6 different tones were used.
- Paint only the flowery patterns without touching the background, which must remain transparent.
- Paint by loading with paint so that the color covers the glass well.
- Correct mistakes by scraping dry paint with a cutter.
- Once the patterns are painted and dry, paint the background evenly: place the plate (paint side towards you) on a newspaper in a ventilated area and bend over the painted patterns using the spray can.
- Two crossed layers are needed.
- Let dry.
- Place the glass plate, paint side, on the bottom on the tray. The pattern appears perfectly smooth and protected.
- With a few glue points for glass, fix it to the bottom of the tray, at the four corners.