Very graphic, this simple and fast mirror to achieve will integrate perfectly with the decoration of the house.
- 5 pallet boards measuring 80 x 7 1.5 cm
- 1 round mirror 20 cm in diameter
- 1 medium board measuring 40 x 40 x 1cm
- 13 wood screws 4 x 20 mm
- 2 sticks of hot glue
- special mirror double-sided tape
- 1 hanging comb
- 1 jar of 0,5 l of satin clear oak varnish
Manufacturing time: 1 day
Cost : 10 euros
Plan of this realization
Click on picture to enlarge
Cutting and preparing elements for the mirror
Cut out the following items:
- 11 pallet boards measuring 15.6 x 6.10 x 1.5 cm (in red)
- 11 pallet boards measuring 13 x 5.4 x 1.5 cm (in blue)
- 1 circle 34 cm in diameter in the medium board measuring 40 x 40 x 1 cm.
- 1 circle 20 cm in diameter in the plate of medium measuring 25 x 25 x 0.5 cm
- Re-cut the 11 boards measuring 15.6 x 6.10 x 1.5 cm (in red) as shown in Figure 1.
- Re-cut the 11 boards measuring 13 x 5.4 x 1.5 cm (blue) as shown in Figure 2.
- To check that the whole forms a circle, place the boards side by side, alternating 1 red and 1 blue (see diagram 3).
- Number them and draw a mark on each to facilitate assembly.
- Assemble the boards 2 to 2 with a glue gun, aligning the marks and placing them in the order of the numbering.
- Then form two semicircles, then glue them to obtain a circle.
- Let dry.
- Center the mirror 20 cm in diameter on the wooden frame, then trace its outline in pencil.
- Cut out the wooden frame following the pattern with a jigsaw equipped with a coping blade (see diagram 3).
- Sand the frame with 50 grit sandpaper then 120 grit.
- Center the circle of medium measuring 34 cm in diameter on the back of the wooden frame, then assemble it by sticking and screwing.
- To enhance the mirror, stick the circle of medium 20 cm in diameter in the center of the frame.
- Let dry.
- Glue the mirror with double-sided tape.
- Screw the comb attachment to the back of the mirror.
- Pass two coats of varnish.
This creation comes from the book Scandinavian style pallets from Beatrice d'Asciano to Rustica editions.