Thanks to the seam, it is easy to create a three-in-one articulated cushion that will go perfectly on a deck chair in the garden.
Necessary materialDifficulty: Easy
Completion time: 4 h
- Plain turquoise, beige, plum cotton canvas (100cm x 280 cm per color)
- Silk printed turquoise, beige and plum (100m x 140 cm per color)
- Arabesque silk embroidered turquoise, embroidered beige, embroidered plum (20 cm x 140 cm per color)
- Sewing machine and coordinated threads
- Sewing needle
- 5 m of floral turquoise ribbon with fringes
- 3 chairs cushions of 40 cm x 40 cm
- Cut a strip of 82 cm x 42 cm into each colored cotton.
- Make a 1 cm hem on each length.
- Cut a strip of silk of each color 82 cm x 31 cm and fold each edge over 1 cm with an iron.
- With pins, place the turquoise silk band on the turquoise cotton leaving 6 cm of cotton on each side, then stitch.
- Fold in half to obtain a square 40 cm x 40 cm (1 cm hem on each side).
- Do the same with the other 2 shades of silk and cotton.
- Cut 2 strips of 6 cm x 42 cm into the Arabesque turquoise fabric.
- Sew each strip side-by-side on both sides of the matching cushion cover to form the 2 slices.
- Slide the cushion inside this cover.
- Close by hand, tightening the stitches so that the seam is solid.
- Repeat with the other Arabesque bristles for the other 2 cushions.
- Hand sew about 10 cm from each edge of the cushions with 40 cm x 4 cm ribbons.
- It takes 2 ribbons at the top and bottom for the 2 cushions at the top and only 2 at the top for the one of the seat.