Deco tutorial: making a blanket with recovery towels
Necessary materialDifficulty: Easy
Completion time: 6 h
- An old comforter
- 4 antique red linen tea towels
- White monogrammed pillowcase
- Seamstress scissors and meter
- Sewing machine
- Burgundy sewing thread
- Large white linen sheet
- 2 sachets of burgundy hot cloth dye 11
- 250 g coarse salt
- 4 m of dotted ribbon
- In the different tea towels, cut 9 pieces of 30 cm x 30 cm.
- To assemble them by sewing them in rows of 3 squares, alternating the patterns (stripes and squares) place against place.
- Assemble the 3 rows together.
- Place the 2 bags of dye in the drum of the machine and cover with salt.
- In a basin, wet the sheet and the monogrammed pillowcase.
- Wring them out and place them in the drum of the washing machine.
- Start a very hot program without prewash.
- Dry the clothes and iron them.
- In the case, cut the monogram so that it is centered in a rectangle of 38 cm x 32 cm.
- Fold the edges to the iron and sew this rectangle in the center of the mosaic of tea towels.
- Cut the strip of a cloth in 4 small strips of 10 cm x 2 cm (folded edge).
- Sew them to the corners of the monogrammed square, like a photo album.
- Place the large rectangle obtained at the center of the burgundy sheet folded in half and sew it.
- To hide the seam, sew the dotted ribbon all around.
- Stitch the sheet on 3 sides right side to side, at the size of the comforter, leaving the last open side to slide it.
- Flip and iron.