Here are 5 things you need to know in order not to get intoxicated by tinkering.
1. If in doubt about the nature of a product, do not place your nose directly above the bottle opening (to be labeled urgently!), But sniff
only the backside of the cap.
2. Before handling a dangerous liquid, turn the edge of the gloves over to avoid dripping on your arms.
3. Before removing gloves, clean them with a cloth soaked in suitable solvent or thinner (for paint, pigments or ink) or rinse thoroughly under running water (for acids and alkalis). alkaline products), then wipe with a dry cloth.
4. To dilute an acid, never add water (risk of explosion). Always do the opposite!
5. If a toxic product is absorbed: Call a poison control center and report to the nearest hospital or call 15. The victim should not vomit or drink.
• National Agency for Food Safety, Food, Environment and Labor: anses.fr
• Committee on Consumer Safety: securiteconso.org