A dimmer allows, as the name suggests, to vary the light intensity of the lighting. It is therefore a kind of dimmer switch. The Legrand light dimmer in the Céliane range includes a single-touch button + or - on which you can operate to obtain the desired intensity. The latest models are compatible with LED lamps. A factory setting of intensity levels can be changed and memorized easily.
In replacement of a switch
The dimmer can simply replace a conventional toggle switch. The wiring diagram is then extremely simple, the cut naturally occurring on the phase which can be connected indifferently to the terminal 1 or 2.
There are also dimmers allowing the connection of several light points, as well as inverters (variation of luminous intensity can however only be done from a single drive.
Diagram of the dimmer
(photos / visuals: © Legrand, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Five questions about the operation of LED bulbs
- DIY tips
- Troubleshoot a problem of soft wire dimmer
- Installing a dimmer
- List of electrical plans of the house
- Diagram of the dimmer integrated in the board
- Inverter to replace a back and forth: connection diagram
- Electrical diagram: connect a simple switch
- How to install a pre-wired electrical panel?
- PVC underlayment
- CELIAN range of LEGRAND
This may interest you