Electricity is dangerous for humans. It is even more so when water is present. For this reason, it is essential to strictly observe the rules for the installation of your equipment in the bathroom.
Electricity: 4 volumes to respect in a bathroom
The NFC 15-100 regulation cuts the bathroom in volumes to define around the shower or bath four perimeters of protection in which electrical appliances are admitted or prohibited according to their protection class (IP) and their class. protection (from I to III).
Another safety device: equipotential bonding.
The principle: a ground wire connects all the metal elements of the room (bathtub, pipes...). It avoids maintaining a potential difference between them and eliminates the risk of electrification.
Zone 0: no electrical device is tolerated
Zone 3: no restriction
Where to place electrical appliances in the bathroom
1. TRS (circuit separation transformer).
2. SELV (very low safety voltage).
3. Only pipes supplying appliances located in the volume are permitted.
4. The appliance must be connected to the hydraulic network by means of fixed metal pipes.
5. Authorized if the dimensions of the bathroom do not allow installation in volume 3 or volumes.
6. The unit should be installed as high as possible.
7. The heating cable must be covered with a wire mesh connected to the ground or must have a grounded metal coating, also connected to the local equipotential bonding of the bathroom.
8. The transformer must be installed outside of volumes 1 and? 2.
9. The device is powered by a dedicated line. The outlet must be located near the arrivals and evacuations of water. the machine must not be placed less than 60 cm from the bath or shower.