The Content Of The Article:

In the house I just bought, the rainwater is evacuated in the same network as used water (WC, shower, sink etc...). Am I "out of the ordinary" and do I have an obligation to comply? If yes, can I evacuate the stormwater on the sidewalk that runs along my house?

If your municipality has a separate rainwater drainage system, you must connect your gutter runs. In the absence of it you have to interrogate the town, but in principle you can connect to the mains drainage. In some cases, you may be required to establish a sump.

On the same topic

  • DIY tips
    • Rainwater: promote their flow and recover
    • Evacuation of rainwater: build a sump

This may interest you

Video Instruction: 4 Common Rainwater Drainage Problems and How To Solve Them, Apple Drains, Charlotte NC