- Optimal exposure and sunshine for the plants of a garden
- Exposure and sunshine needed for vegetables from a kitchen garden
- Exposure and sunshine of a garden pond
It's no secret that plants have a vital need for warmth and light to flourish. The exposure and the sunshine of the garden thus form the legitimate obsession of the gardener concerned about the health of his plantations. As you read this article, set the right location for your plants, vegetables and garden ponds.
Exposure and sunshine of a garden
Optimal exposure and sunshine for the plants of a garden
In general, no less than 6 hours of daily sunlight are needed for plant growth.
Sunshine subject to two factors:
- the garden exhibition, defined by the cardinal points: North, South, East and West.
- the shadow vectors (walls, partitions, trees...)
In order to define the best location for each plant in the garden, they should be classified according to their need for sunshine: plants of full sun, partial shade or shade.
To note: Use the information provided with potted plants and seed packets that will enlighten you on their needs.
Exposure and sunshine needed for vegetables from a kitchen garden
Heat, light and sun: three unavoidable ingredients in the formation of chlorophyll, essential pigment for beautiful vegetables.
- It is advisable toto orient a vegetable garden to the South or the West, so that it blossoms and offers a production of tasty vegetables.
- This location will benefit from perfect sunshine provided no trees are planted nearby. These would provide an unwelcome shadow to your vegetables, whose roots would be further deprived of nutrients and humidity essential to their growth.
- It is therefore recommended to install your fruit trees or ornamental edge and north of the garden.
Exposure and sunshine of a garden pond
Installing a water point in a garden starts with choosing the perfect location. Indeed, the exposure of the basin is essential when it is intended to accommodate plants and / or animals.
A well-exposed water point generally sees its plant and animal population grow spontaneously, without the gardener having to artificially enhance it.
Be careful not to overexpose the pelvis 4 to 8 hours of daily sunshine are more than enough. Prolonged sunshine will increase the temperature of the water then invaded by algae. The proliferation of these can quickly upset the biological balance of the water point.