You are facing problems with cracks that are constantly reappearing around doors and windows. To remedy this type of crack called "moving crack", it is advisable to use the flexible coating "STOPPER CRACKS" Toupret following the movement of materials without cracking.
- Triangular scraper
- Knife to coat
- Brush to dust off
- Cartridge gun
- Preparation of the crack
- Realization of the filling joint
Preparation of the crack
1. As for any crack, it must be enlarged with a triangular scraper or, failing that, a recoating knife so as to offer a contact surface and therefore sufficient adhesion to the coating to ensure stability. This creates a gutter that facilitates the application of the coating.
2. Scratch the crack and blow up any loose parts. Finish by dusting carefully with a duster.
Realization of the filling joint
1. Cut the cannula of the cartridge bevel with a cutter. this one offers several extraction diameters of the coating. Adapt the cut according to the size of the crack to be covered. The more you cut the tip of the short cartridge, the wider the hole will be and the more it will come out of the coating.
2. Properly install the cartridge into the gun by pressing to lock the cartridge head into the top of the gun.
3. Gently squeeze the trigger on the gun until the coating comes out of the cannula. Apply the putty in the direction of the crack, making a regular bead.
4. Smooth the surface of the coating with a finger, being careful not to dig it or with a damp sponge dipped in soapy water.
Let polymerize (dry) 24 hours before painting.
(photos / visuals: © Toupret, except special mention)
Toupret offers a wide range of fund preparation coatings and decorative coatings for DIYers and professionals. Innovative products to treat, repair, repair holes and cracks, renovate and even and smooth before painting.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Renovate a ceiling with glass cloth or polystyrene slabs
- Questions answers
- Should we fear the appearance of cracks?
- Make an opening in a bacula wall
- How to treat structural cracks?
- How to treat cracks that reappear?
This may interest you