The assembly of the drawers, with the current kits, is the business of a few tens of minutes, with a minimum of tools. The doors are hinged on hinges that automatically close them. They are pre-drilled housing for placing the base of these hinges. They are equipped with a system of adjustment and adjustment.
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flat screwdriver
- Bubble level
- Screwdriver drill
- Wood wedge
- Extensible hinges
- Masking tape
- Elements for drawers
- Fit a drawer
- Fit handles
- Fit a door
Fit a drawer
1. Assemble the sides of the drawer. It suffices here to fit them at the back.
2. With the three sides together, slide the bottom into the grooves provided for this purpose.
3. Tighten the fixing screws of the connecting clips on the front of the drawer.
4. Place the drawer upright and bring it closer to the front. It simply clips on the sides.
5. Screw the slide rails to the inside sides of the box (the holes are pre-drilled).
6. To put the drawer in place, pull out the slides and clip the drawer onto it.
1. Place masking tape where you want to put the handle. It will allow you to draw the markers more easily and it will prevent the bit from slipping when drilling.
2. Mark on the masking tape the drilling marks, balanced in height and width. Help yourself with a bubble level.
3. Hold a wooden wedge (martyr) behind the facade with a clamp to prevent the inner edge from bursting and pierce the facade where desired.
4. Mount the handle and engage the threads of the fixing screws. Tighten them from the inside with a screwdriver.
Fit a door
1. Doors are usually mounted on expandable hinges. Start by unclipping the hinge from its support.
2. Place the bracket at its location (the screw holes are pre-drilled) on the side of the box and screw it down. Do not overtighten the screws, otherwise they may be pulled out.
3. Housing is machined in the doors to receive the hinges. Put them in place and screw them.
4. Place the door and hinges facing their supports. Just press it with your finger to snap them into place.
5. It is always necessary to adjust the doors. The adjustment screws are located on the hinges and allow horizontal, vertical and remote adjustment of the door.
6. Screw in or out the adjusting screws gradually until the door is properly adjusted to the housing.
(photos / visuals: © Castorama, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Fix a kitchen furniture
- Questions answers
- With which product to renovate a kitchen in formica?
This may interest you