- Why a built-in fireplace rather than another?
- The installation of the built-in fireplace
- Built-in fireplace, make the right choice
The built-in fireplace allows you to use all the floor space while enjoying the many benefits of a good fire. Being able to work with wood, gas, bioethanol or even electricity, it adapts to all the needs of its destination space.
Why a built-in fireplace rather than another?
Of all the chimney ranges available on the market, the built-in fireplace is simply the one that takes the least space in a home.
- This is a real heating appliance, more or less effective depending on the fuel with which it works: wood, gas, bioethanol or electricity
- She may be opened with a lower heat output or closed and very effective
- We use it as decorative element, thus creating the central point of the piece
- She fits all environments whether they are domestic or commercial
The installation of the built-in fireplace
If the built-in fireplace is running on wood or gas, some models will need to be equipped with a ventilation and connected to a flue.
In addition, gas models must be checked regularly for safety.
In all cases, these chimneys must be installed by a professional to comply with safety standards.
There are built-in models that do not require the installation of such devices. This is particularly the case for built-in fireplaces operating with bioethanol and electricity.
But these models only serve as supplementary heating, because their performance is low, unlike the built-in chimney using wood and gas.
Built-in fireplace, make the right choice
In order to choose a built-in fireplace, we will focus on different criteria so that it is adapted to its destination room. Enter into account:
- the size and style of the fireplace, to fit the room
- the function, decorative or real heating device depending on the fuel and the fireplace
- the available ventilation, if we opt for the wood fire
- the cost of fuel, wood being the most economical and the most expensive bioethanol
- the cleanliness of the fuel, wood being the most ecological
- depending on the fuel, account will be taken of its storage space and its security
- the location of the chimney, away from flammable objects and tissues