- Assembly of the pulling trolleys
- Method of lengthening a railroad rod
- Hanging of the curtains and curtains
- Curtain draw
- Arrangement of the drawstring and curtain lance
Curtains and curtains contribute greatly to the style of the living space and come in different materials such as lace, chiffon, cotton, linen or organdy. The choice is great among plain, printed or effect material. The hanging will be according to the thickness of the fabric and the chosen rod.
Assembly of the pulling trolleys
Method of lengthening a railroad rod
Hanging of the curtains and curtains
The fraying of the curtains can be obtained in different ways, the simplest is still to use the use of a ruffling tape allowing various types of gathers (by pulling cords) depending on the decoration of the piece, the type of fabric and the bar or rod model.
- "Key ring" type rings can be attached directly to the frowned ribbon.
- Hooks made of metal or plastic (less strong) are better suited to frilly ribbons; they facilitate the installation and especially the removal of the curtains when it is necessary to clean them.
- The pleating of the curtains, heavier and less flexible than the curtain, is done by a proper seam, the rings (for a bar) being also sewn.
The ruffling tape - known especially under its most popular brand name, Ruflette - allows you to obtain different levels of pleating or gathering depending on the weight of the fabric, but also the type of bar or rod. Tulip folds (left), straight folds (center) or folds (right) are also simple to make. Here we observe the plastic hooks for hanging on a railroad rod.
Fabric tiebacks connect at the level of a surface-mounted support. It is also possible to use kiss hooks.
The traditional fabric embraces can be replaced by metal models, like large hooks to screw on the wall.
Hanging on railroad rod
The hanging on a railroad rod is done through metal hooks or plastic strung into the ribbon frowner.
Draw cords are associated with the railway rods: they allow, as their name suggests, to open and close curtains and curtains, through one or more cords (halyards) acting on the main carriage of the support of the curtains or curtains. The cord may be free at its end or connected to a wall pulley. It is possible to motorize the traction of the cords.
The curtain lancemade of metal, wood or plastic, makes it easy to maneuver curtains individually. It is used in particular for bars and rods without draw cord.
Arrangement of the drawstring and curtain lance
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Curtain rods ATELIERS 28
- DIY tips
- Curtain rods and rods
- Put a curtain rod
- Adjustment of the drawcords of a curtain rod
This may interest you