- Installation of an Air-Eau heat pump
- Installation of an Air-Air heat pump
- Advantages of heat pumps
More than two thirds of French homes are considered to be overconsumption of energy. The heating budget accounts for the largest part of the energy bill for French households (nearly 70%). These are calorie losses caused by aging appliances or using expensive fossil energy (oil, gas, electricity...). Or, in a world where energy becomes more and more precious, it is essential to control the consumption. There are efficient heating systems that use renewable energy: the heat pump (P.A.C.). This mode of heating and cooling a home allows both to save on heating bills, to act positively on the environment and to enjoy a better comfort.
The heat pump uses the calories contained in the outside air to transfer them inside the home. Contrary to what one may think, the calories are present in the air until absolute 0, that is to say -270° C. To know the efficiency of a heat pump, just look at its COP (Coefficient of Performance): it compares the heat absorbed by the pump (thus restored at home) compared to the energy it consumes for its operation. Thus, a COP of 3 means that the heat pump consumes 1 kWh for its operation and restores 3 kWh of heat to the house. The heat pump uses a natural energy, free and abundant: the air!
Installation of an Air-Eau heat pump
To install an Air-Eau heat pump, you need:
• An outdoor unit, placed in the garden;
• An indoor unit, often located in the garage or utility room, near or in place of the existing boiler to facilitate connection to the heating circuit;
• Central heating circuit (radiators, floor heating,...)
The heat pump can be installed as a replacement for the existing boiler or as a backup.
Installation of an Air-Air heat pump
To install an Air-Air heat pump, you must:
• An outdoor unit, placed in the garden
• Indoor units, split or console type, in rooms to be heated.
This type of heat pump is particularly suitable for houses equipped with electric radiators because it does not require a central heating circuit.
Advantages of heat pumps
With the installation of an Air / Water heat pump, you can save up to 70% on your heating bill! The air / air heat pump also allows you to improve the quality of the ambient air since it ensures the regular renewal of the air. In addition, the use of a heat pump to heat your home reduces the CO2 emitted by your heating device by 80% since it emits four times less CO2 than a traditional boiler! In a world where energy is becoming more and more precious, it is essential to control its consumption, thereby saving money. With this in mind, companies specializing in the thermal analysis of homes (eg EVASOL) offer you to perform an energy balance of your home to identify the most appropriate heating solution, case by case, and complementary solutions type of attic insulation, replacing windows or your water heater. These energy balances are mostly free (and without commitment). They will let you know the best solutions to implement to significantly reduce your energy bills while increasing the comfort of your home.
(photos / visuals: © Evasol, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Heat pumps in 5 questions
- What solutions and what costs for the air conditioning of an apartment?
- How to choose between air / water heat pump and pellet stove?
- Which criteria do you choose for a condensing boiler or a heat pump?
- How to estimate an "abnormal" power consumption?
- How to reduce your heating bill?
- What are the advantages of PAC Monobloc?
- Heat pump and floor heating or radiant panels?
- What type of heating to choose?
- Failure on condenser of a heat pump (PAC)
- Which heating to install in a new house?
- Pellet stove or electric heaters?
- PAC air / air and insert: is this a good solution?
- What exposure for external group of a PAC?
- DIY tips
- Why install a reversible heat pump
- What are the conditions to benefit from the energy bonus?
- The heat pump (PAC): economical and efficient for heating or air conditioning
- Photovoltaic solar energy
This may interest you