- Use Marseille soap to remove a stain of lipstick
- Betting on soda crystals to remove a stain of lipstick
- A mixture of water and glycerin to remove a stain of lipstick
- Opt for turpentine
- Apply white vinegar
- Put oxygenated water
- To use butter
To clean a stain of lipstick, stain removers must be well chosen. It is more practical to use natural ingredients to maintain the quality of the textile. To prevent the stain from continuing, a few important steps must be followed before washing the machine.
Use Marseille soap to remove a stain of lipstick
As cosmetics of the same order as makeup, lipsticks contain fixatives. This makes it often difficult to remove inadvertent marks. Recognized for its almost magical properties in cleaning various dirt on clothing, Marseille soap is still proven on lipstick. Here are the instructions to follow:
- Moisten the part touched by the lipstick with hot or warm water;
- Rub the Marseille soap on the stain until a thick layer is obtained;
- Leave the laundry so treated for at least two to three hours;
- Remove the soap with lukewarm water;
- Repeat the process if the lipstick stain resists;
- Put the laundry in a washing machine at a temperature of 40° C if the stain begins to disappear;
- Dry the clothes in the sun.
Betting on soda crystals to remove a stain of lipstick
Lipsticks usually contain compounds of various petroleum-based chemicals, natural oils and artificial colors. Why it is recommended to use soda ash, as fast as effective. To clean, simply:
- Mix a soda paste with a little water. The ideal is to prepare enough to cover the spot left by the lipstick.
- Respect a few minutes of pause for the solution to take effect.
- Gently rub the garment with a nail brush.
- Rinse to finish as it should stain. Opt for a hand wash or washing machine.
A mixture of water and glycerin to remove a stain of lipstick
For any attempt to clean lipstick stains, remember that cold or ice water can participate in the embedding of this product on the fabric. To overcome this type of dirt, some ingredients are needed: warm water, glycerine, liquid soap or powder. Here is the step to follow:
- Soak cotton with glycerine, then gently moisten the lipstick stain;
- Mix the same amount of water and glycerin;
- Moisten the fabric with this solution, spread the liquid well on all traces of lipstick;
- Rub gently the soiled part with a very soft clothes brush;
- Let stand for 5 to 8 hours, or even overnight;
- Put the laundry in the washing machine with liquid or powdered soap.
Opt for turpentine
Classic products like turpentine can be applied directly to the lipstick stain. As basic ingredients, it is necessary to provide:
- 25 ml of turpentine oil;
- A white cotton cloth;
- White soap or dishwashing liquid.
Apply white vinegar
Thanks to its acidity, white vinegar acts very quickly, even on the most resistant stains. To quickly remove the marks left by the touch of a lipstick, just use less than 25 ml of white vinegar. Here are the steps to follow:
- Spray the stain with the liquid.
- Respect a minimum break time of 15 to 30 minutes or even one hour. This is mandatory so that the vinegar eliminates the stain in depth and the garment regains its flexibility.
- Finish cleaning by gently rubbing the last traces, then put the fabric in a washing machine.
Put oxygenated water
Hydrogen peroxide is an effective product for getting rid of hard-to-treat stains. Here's how to use this product on a garment stained with lipstick:
- Soak the stain with a little hydrogen peroxide;
- Rub gently with a very soft clean cloth or a nail brush to penetrate the product;
- Leave on for 6 to 8 hours;
- Finish with a washing machine.
To use butter
If butter is usually one of the dirtiest foods, its role is reversed when it comes to a lipstick stain. The fat contained in the butter actually helps to get rid of this cosmetic product in no time. To prepare a butter-based stain remover, follow these steps carefully:
- Heat the butter without becoming liquid;
- Put the soft butter on the lipstick stain;
- Add a little liquid soap;
- Let the mixture work for about fifteen minutes;
- Gently rub the soiled part with stains;
- Wash the garment with a detergent soap powder in the washing machine, at a temperature of 30° to 40°.
- Scrape excess lipstick left on fabric with a wooden spatula or teaspoon;
- Ban cold water throughout the stain cleaning process;
- Avoid putting the garment immediately in a washing machine;
- Promote natural stain removers instead of chemicals;
- Favor white rags made of pure cotton to soak the laundry with a liquid solution;
- Wait a few hours following the application of anti-stain products on the soiled fabric;
- Entrust the cleaning of the stains and the washing to a professional for the most delicate fabrics or needing a dry cleaning.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- How to clean cotton well: practical tips
- How to clean viscose well: practical tips
- How to clean synthetic clothes?
- How to clean his jeans without damaging them?
- How to clean lace without damaging it?
- How to clean and detach linen without damaging it?
- How to clean a dye spot?
- How to clean a stain of gasoline on a garment?
- How to clean a marker stain?
- How to soften bath towels?
- How to wash and detach woolen clothes?
- How to remove a stain of blood: 10 tips
This may interest you