- Why does the water in your pond deteriorate?
- Correct the water quality of the basin
- The different treatments for the water of an outdoor pool
Even with good filtration, the water in your pond can become green, cloudy or algae overgrow. Maintaining the biological balance of an outdoor pool is not always easy. When the filter or UV lamp is no longer sufficient to make it clear in water, you must apply an anti-algae treatment or biological treatment to rebalance the water.
How to eliminate algae in an outdoor pool
Why does the water in your pond deteriorate?
Your pond is an ecosystem by himself. And the smaller he is, the more fragile he is. A turbid or green water, the proliferation of algae including spinogyres in the form of greenish filaments, all indicate an imbalance.
You can relatively easily remedy some imbalance factors:
- Sunshine too important: Some floating plants or water lilies will bring a beneficial shade.
- Water too rich in nutrients: Pick up plant debris. As the seasons change, regularly maintain your pool. Limit the food intake of the fish, everything must be eaten in 5 mm.
- Limit the number of fish. Be sure to choose the fish that you install in the pond.
- Increase or on the contrary limit aquatic plants. Here too, be sure to choose the varieties of plants adapted to your pond.
But your pond is a living environment that, as such, is influenced by its environment. So high heat, a stormy period, heavy rain or on the contrary a drought can disrupt its biological balance. In addition to your interventions, use specific treatments that act where you can not act or reinforce your actions.
Correct the water quality of the basin
It is essential that you regularly monitor the quality of your pond water. Different types of tests exist in the trade. They come in the form of strips or vials containing reagents.
Among the important measures, you have those of the PH, of carbonate level (KG), of the quantity of calcium and magnesium (GH) and nitrates and nitrites.
KG and GH show you the hardness of the water. The best water is hard enough. Minerals participate in the "digestion" of organic matter.
High levels of nitrates and nitrites indicate that the water contains far too much organic matter. You feed the seaweed!
Depending on the test results, ask for advice from a specialist (garden center or outdoor pool professional)
The different treatments for the water of an outdoor pool
The different treatments will allow you to restore the balance of your pelvis.
- AlgaeIt eliminates algae and supports KG and GH levels. There are also products delaying the appearance of new algae.
- Degradation of vases: It brings bacteria that break down organic sludge and prevent their appearance. Often contains active oxygen which precipitates the mud by oxidizing it.
- Water lightener: It transforms floating algae into biodegradable debris. Some products only act on impurities that rise to the surface where you can pick them up.
- Stabilize the pH of the water: Based on mineral salts and trace elements, it allows to raise a PH too low.
- Increase the hardness of the water: The ideal GH is between 10 and 20°.
- Bacteria supply: Inoculating pond water with new strains of bacteria can enrich it and reduce the work of filtration.
Always check that these treatments are compatible with the flora and especially the fauna of your pond. For fish, you will find specific products in disease prevention or curative.