Can we fix soundproof plasterboard screws without putting a metal frame on a wall covered with wood paneling?
Placo Phonique® acoustic plasterboard is designed to provide maximum acoustic performance, as part of a metal frame assembly.
Direct screwing on wood paneling can be done subject to a sufficient rigidity of the paneling and its supportbut it does not correspond to the recommendations of the manufacturer. Acoustic performance will be greatly reduced and therefore not guaranteed. There is also a risk of cracking at the joints, the paneling being a material sensitive to changes in temperature and humidity.
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Sound insulation of walls and floors in 5 questions
- How to improve the acoustics of a wooden floor?
- Sound insulation of partitions in BA13
- DIY tips
- The key points of the sound insulation of the house
- Thermo-acoustic insulation of a wall
- Low thickness sound insulation for walls
This may interest you