In a prefabricated house, some walls were covered with carpet. How to achieve insulation from the inside? Is it possible to stick an insulation directly on this type of coating?
If the interior walls are covered with wall carpet, it is not possible to stick insulation on it.
Once the carpet is torn off, if the support is hard, stable and perfectly healthy (no moisture), you can then paste a lining made of plasterboard and expanded polystyrene insulation.
Otherwise, it will be necessary to screw a metal frame on the walls, insert an insulation between the amounts, then cover the whole with plasterboard.
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- How to put a dubbing on an old wall?
- How to effectively isolate a wall from the inside?
- Interior insulation for stone house
- Wood frame insulation made of glass wool ISOROOF
- Insulate a double-wall wall
- How to insulate concrete walls?
- DIY tips
- Insulate walls from the inside
- Overall insulation of the walls from the inside
- Insulating doubling glued on regular walls
This may interest you