We are renovating an old Bressan house in Bresse. It was built with half-timbered and rammed earth. Is it possible to make an exterior insulation on adobe walls? The rammed earth is a perspiring material, what can be put as insulation?
Rammed earth walls and wood sides can be very durable, provided do not change their hygrometric equilibrium. Insulating a rammed earth wall can make it lose its basic qualities: inertia, phase shift, and even more accelerate its degradation. If the wall really needs to be isolated, focus oninsulation from the inside, on the basis of counter-partitions or doublings separated from the load-bearing wall, by installing high and low ventilations at regular intervals.
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- How to effectively isolate a wall from the inside?
- How to improve the insulation of a 40 year old house?
- Insulation of adobe walls
- DIY tips
- Isolation of the house: the priorities
- Overall insulation of the walls from the inside
- Thermo-acoustic insulation of a wall
- Low thickness sound insulation for walls
This may interest you