- Fimo paste bean
- A bean in white salt paste
- Make characters from salt dough
- Use original beans
For young and old, it is always a pleasure to look for the bean inside the cake of the Kings during Epiphany. To vary the pleasure, we can replace the simple bean with figurines. To save money, simply make yourself the figurine for the galette des Rois.
Fimo paste bean
Making a Fimo paste bean is within everyone's reach. If you want to change the traditional bean when you do not really excel in the art of modeling, this is the technique to adopt. Indeed, the Fimo paste is a polymer paste particularly easy to shape. To make a bean, you need Fimo paste and a mold. It is thus possible to make characters, animals or objects such as a bell, a lamp or a bottle. It is necessary to choose a silicone mold depending on the model chosen, fill the mold with Fimo paste and bake it. It is recommended to respect the cooking time indicated on the packaging.
The ideal is to get several Fimo pasta of different colors to make colorful characters and much more friendly.
A bean in white salt paste
You can also make beautiful beans with a white salt dough. The ingredients for making a white salt dough are: 2 glasses of flour, 1 glass of salt and 1 glass of warm water. The steps to make the white salt dough are:
- Mix the flour and salt.
- Add warm water and knead to obtain a firm and supple dough. The dough should not stick to the fingers.
- Add a little flour if the dough is sticky and too soft.
- Add water if the dough is friable and dry.
We can add food coloring in the salt dough to make colorful characters. If it is a powdery dye, it should be incorporated when mixing salt and flour. If it is a liquid dye, it is mixed with warm water. Natural dyes such as saffron can be used to obtain a yellow paste, pepper to obtain a red paste, beetroot to obtain a garnet paste and paprika to have an orange paste.
We can also add spices (cinnamon, anise, ginger...) or a few drops of essential oil to perfume the salt dough.
Make characters from salt dough
To please the children and make them kings of the festival particularly filled during the Epiphany, nothing like beans declined in their favorite character: a panda, a cat, the queen of snow or a small bird.
The steps to make a panda-shaped bean with a salt dough:
- Place the salt dough about 10 minutes in the refrigerator so that it is firm and easy to model;
- Prepare the work plan
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and use a roller to spread it out properly;
- With a round cookie cutter, cut out a piece of dough to make the head;
- Cut a larger circle to make the body;
- Cut out a small round, then divide it in half to make ears.
- Assemble the small round and the big round to form the head and the body. Use a little water so that the two circles stick together.
- Place the two halves of the circle on both sides of the head to form the ears.
- Let the panda dry in the open air near the radiator for a few days.
- After drying, draw the eyes, nose and mouth of the panda with food coloring.
- Smooth the panda before painting for a perfect rendering.
The steps to make a cat with a salt dough:
- Take a big ball of salt dough;
- Divide the ball in half;
- Form four balls of dough of the same size from a ball;
- Roll the four balls between your fingers to get some pudding;
- Stick the pudding on the big ball, the pudding forming the legs and the big ball the body;
- Take a ball of salt dough and spread it on the table with a large marker;
- Cut triangular and pointed pasta with scissors;
- Glue the triangles on the cat's body using a little water to form the stripes;
- Take a smaller ball to form the cat's head;
- Roll small pieces of dough and pinch one end to form the ears;
- Stick your ears on your head;
- Stick your head on the body;
- Roll a roll of dough to get the tail, then stick on the body;
- Dry the cat with salt dough, then draw the eyes, whiskers and mouth with food coloring.
Use original beans
To make the game even more interesting, you can use original beans.
- A greedy bean
- A collection bean
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Tutorial: How to make squishies yourself?
- DIY Halloween: how to make a terrifying decoration
- How to make Christmas balls to put on the tree?
- How to make Christmas decorations for windows?
- Recipe for making homemade natural candles
This may interest you