What to do when on one side of the roof, one or more shingles have slightly slipped? Can we proceed with a partial renovation of the roof or do we have to change the entire roof, as some roofers recommend? If necessary and if the framework can support it, is it possible to remake the tiled roof?
The partial renovation of a shingle blanket (in shingles) is actually complex and this roofer has no doubt suggested the right solution, especially since it is generally possible to set up a new cover without having to deposit the old one.
Tiles may be too heavy if the structure was designed to receive shingles.
There are several alternatives if you want to replace the shingles: slate (lighter than the tile), the metal covers that mimic the tile while being much lighter or the corrugated plates, whose aesthetic has improved a lot.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- All about shingles blankets
- Roofing asphalt shingles (shingles)
- Questions answers
- Can we keep bituminous shingles under a new roof?
- Can we cover a shingle blanket (bituminous shingles)?
- Replace a fiberglass slate roof with an insulated roof
- Can tiles be laid on laminated fiber cement boards?
- How to estimate the state of a roof?
This may interest you