The sensor of a tumble dryer is an essential component of the appliance. It is not very difficult to replace it, but it requires the removal of several items of the dryer, since it is necessary to include his tank to access it. Be careful to respect the order of connection of the suppressor!
- Flat pliers
Dismantling the dryer
1. Remove the dryer top panel, secured here with three screws.
2. Once the upper panel has been removed, the connection of the suppressor can be accessed. Disconnect the connection wires from it.
3. Now remove the rear panel of the unit. Undo the fastening screws.
4. Other supply wires can be connected to the suppressor: disassemble them.
5. Now disconnect the wires connected to the resistor.
6. With a flat-nose pliers, disconnect the grounding lug connected to the back of the tank.
7. Remove the wires from their holding clip.
8. Mark the screws on the back of the tank.
9. Unscrew the retaining screws of the rear part of the tank. Remove them.
10. We now have access to the belt.
11. Remove the belt from the pulley tensioner.
12. Now remove the belt from the drum.
13. Remove the drum by pulling it out of the machine. Take the opportunity to control his condition.
Replacing the sensor of the dryer
1. There is now access to the faulty probe.
2. Remove the lugs from the connection wires of the probe.
3. With an impression tip fitted to the probe fixing screws, remove the fastening screws.
4. It is now possible to extract the faulty probe.
5. Take the new probe and put it into the device. Screw the probe and reconnect the lugs on it.
6. Replace the drum.
7. Reassemble the belt on the drum and replace it in the pulley tensioner.
8. Replace the rear part of the tank and screw it on.
9. Insert the wires into their housing and clip the earthing to the back of the tank.
10. Remove the connection wires on the resistor.
12. Reconnect the power supply leads to the suppressor.
13. Now replace the back panel and screw it in place.
15. Complete the operation by raising the top panel.
(photos / visuals: © Spareka, except special mention)
This may interest you